Thursday, April 19, 2012

Don't make tuna sad by putting it in a casserole

It was warm today, and I tend to use my quick cooking ideas on days like this....or the grill.  Anything that won't make my house stuffier than it already is!  Today I decided a quick tuna pasta would be perfect.


4 chopped garlic cloves, 1 crumbled chile de Arbol, the zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed.


These are the capers I used.  I usually get the brined ones, but had been DYING to try these salt-packed.  Not a disappointment.  


Saute' garlic, red pepper flakes, and capers in olive oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.  Add in the juice of 1 lemon, and 3 Tbl of dry white wine.  Bubble until reduced, about another minute.


Add in 2 cans of chunk tuna, drained, half of the zest of a lemon, and 2 Tbl. chopped parsley.  Stir to warm the tuna, but do not over mix.  I warned you.  If you ignore me, then you will have hot tuna salad mush and it won't be my fault!


Toss in cooked pappardelle, and 2-4 Tbl of pasta cooking water to bring the sauce together.  Then toss in 2 Tbl of butter, the remaining half of the lemon zest, and 2 Tbl more of chopped parsley.  Taste for SnP and serve immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment