Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Garfield dinner

I was in a lasagna mood this morning.  Naturally, as I picked up mozzarella and stared at the containers of packaged ricotta I knew.....I couldn't buy ricotta today.  I would have to make it.


You've seen this before, I won't bore you.  Milk, cream, yogurt, lemon juice, kosher salt.


Drain.


Here is something that I've been wondering about since I made ricotta last week: would you notice truffle salt in ricotta?  I wouldn't want it to just get lost in the layers of everything going on.


Only one way to find out!  And I have to say....this...smelled....fantastic.  It could have been dinner right then and there.  But I resisted.


Onions, garlic, carrots.  Saute until soft.


Add a large can diced tomatoes and juice.  Bubble away 20 minutes or so.


Blender it all, then taste for SnP.


I made a bechamel, seasoned it with truffle salt and white pepper, then layered the lasagna noodles with white sauce, red sauce, truffle ricotta, and grated mozzarella.  


Guess what.  I can taste the truffles.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment