Monday, April 16, 2012

Redo

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.  Sunday I was gone all day, and returned home at the precise moment you realize you and your entire family are hungry enough to eat each other.  I didn't feel like a take-out pizza, so I opened the fridge and commanded all delicious elements that were inside to come to me.  Here's what happened:





Saturday's Roast chicken & aoli, Havarti, Kumato tomatoes, greens from the yard, and the last of a baguette.  BAM!  Dinner.  

Sometimes (sometimes meaning always) I am worried about feeding my family leftovers, so soon after having them for dinner.  Like all of our meals will taste the same, the children will rise up and revolt, start cooking their own meals.  Hm.  Wonder if they'd do their own dishes too.  Anyhow, this was a great way to combine a few leftover items into a very different meal than the night before.  And I didn't have to turn on the oven or dirty a pan.

In summation: Leftovers = not evil


No comments:

Post a Comment