Friday, March 16, 2012

Chile day on a chilly day!

Today is cloudy and chilly, with the threat of rain.  I love days like this, I get to make cozy food without needing to explain myself!  I chose a chile verde, so I could get it on the stove while I was busy with everything else, and still have dinner ready on time.


Cube two pork tenderloins, the toss with chipotle chili powder, lime zest, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and toasted then ground cumin and coriander seeds.


 Brown one onion, then brown the meat in two batches.


Add all the meat and onions back, along with 1 small can green chilies, 12 oz. jar salsa verde, and enough chicken stock to cover, I needed about 2 1/2 c.  I simmered the pot over very low for about 1 hr., then added in two cans of pinto beans, and cooked for an additional 30 min.



Right before serving I stirred in a handful of chopped cilantro and served each bowl with a warm blue corn tortilla.  


No comments:

Post a Comment